Recipe by chris_tam
Another weight watchers recipe taken from their site. Estimated 5 points per serving serves six.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 large onion
- 29 ounces canned diced tomatoes (Del Monte Basil, Garlic & Oregano)
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 20 large shrimp
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour olive oil in large non-stick skillet. Add minced garlic, diced onion and quartered fresh mushrooms when onions are translucent adde tomatoes and basil Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Boil water for pasta in a separate pot.
- In a small bowl combine evaporated milk and flour with a small whisk. Add mixture to skillet and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes until sauce is pink and well combined.
- Cook pasta while sauce is simmering.
- Add peeled and deveined shrimp to the sauce mixture and allow to cook for about three minutes or until shrimp is light pink.
- Drain pasta and serve sauce over angel hair pasta.