Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Bon Appétit, March 2004
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons packed feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons packed parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped jalapeno chile
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 24 large uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left intact (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 24 woody rosemary sprigs (4-inch-long)
- For mint pesto:
- Combine first 7 ingredients in processor. Using on/off turns, process until mixture is smooth.
- Add mint leaves and lemon juice; process until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Gradually add oil and process until mint pesto is smooth and creamy. (Can be made 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
- For shrimp:
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Whisk oil, garlic, and parsley in medium bowl to blend. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Arrange shrimp in single layer on broiler pan. Broil until opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice and toss with 1/2 cup mint pesto. Starting at base end of rosemary, skewer 1 shrimp on each sprig. Arrange on platter and serve.