Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This recipe, from an internet site, is screaming with flavor! I love fennel, and if you haven't tried it, do yourself a favor. Try it, and you will buy it again. Shrimp, teamed up with fennel, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, and tarragon, will make your family and guests so happy. Ever been confused about the numbers associated shrimp? Not anymore! The numbers indicate how many shrimps there are in a pound, i.e. 21-30 shrimps in a pound.
- 1 lb medium shrimp (about 32)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water,.
- Cook shrimp 1 minute, or until just cooked through.In a colander drain shrimp and rinse under cold water until cool. Shell, and if desired, devein shrimp.
- In a bowl or plastic container whisk together lemon juice, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste and add oil in a stream, whisking. Stir in shrimp, garlic, and sliced lemon and marinate, covered and chilled, stirring occasionally, at least 6 hours or overnight. Stir in chopped tarragon.