Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
I came across this one on the internet while looking for recipes containing apples and chipotle.
- 1⁄2 cup diced granny smith apple
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch dried chipotle powder
- 6 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 12 large shrimp, peeled (deveined and butterflied)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For salsa, combine apple, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, apple juice, red wine vinegar and chili powder in a medium bowl and mix well. Refrigerate covered for at least 1 hour.
- For spice seasoning, combine in small bowl all remaining ingredients except for shrimp and olive oil. Leftover spice mix may be stored in an airtight container for future use.
- Lightly dust shrimp with spice mix. If grilling, coat shrimp with olive oil and cook until pink, about 1 minute on each side. If sauteing, add olive oil to saute pan and heat to medium. Saute for about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve 1/4 cup salsa with three shrimp.