Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is something I threw together one day for lunch and it turned out wonderful. I used what I had on hand but I can imagine adding fresh diced tomatoes or even some veggies to this and it still being great. This is defiantly NOT diet food but hey, we all need to splurge once in awhile! Serving and prep time are estimates because I had a large appetite that day and I was in a hurry so I did not pay attention to how long it took to prepare.
- 1 lb peeled deveined shrimp, tail removed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 -7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced (I used white)
- 4 -5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces pasta (cooked and drained)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- tony creole seasoning, to taste
- parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter.
- To melted butter add garlic and onion, heat on med heat for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add mushrooms to this, heat about 3 more minutes.
- Add shrimp and saute until shrimp are pink.
- Season with the salt, pepper and Tony's to taste.
- Pour over pasta and top with parmesan cheese.
I loved this, my husband requests it on a regular basis now, and even my toddlers eat every bite. I added 1 full 8oz pkg of mushrooms and used fresh parm cheese. Thanks Tmisen!
You talk about wonderful. I was on my own tonight and since Dave doesn't care for pasta, althought he will eat it, I decided to make this just for me for PAC and I'm so gald I did. The conbinations of flavors are to die for. It's easy, quick and you have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. If my photos come out that will be posted Friday, don't be worried about my albino (sp) shrimp. They just would not pink up, but I was afraid I would overcook them. They were perfect. Love this recipe, but don't have a date the same night LOL. May 22, 2006