Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
SPICYYYYYYYYYY!!! Serve with good dipping bread, over rice or pasta!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry dry white wine
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped reserve juice
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- bread, for dipping
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over med. heat.
- Add Garlic, bay leaf, and crushed red pepper. Saute till garlic is tender, ~1 minute.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Add tomatoes and juice, lower to simmer. Sim until tomatoes break down and flavors blend, ~10 minutes.
- Add Shrimp and basil to the summering broth. Sim until the shrimp are cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Divide into bowls and serve with bread!