Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Entered for safe-keeping, from "The Best Bread Machine Cookbook Ever: Ethnic Breads" by Madge Rosenberg. Here's an easy-peasy way to make shrimp toast ahead (refrigerated or frozen), then brush with sesame oil and toast until golden. Great for a cocktail party (or a shrimp toast fix). NOTE: the ingredients should be chilled, NOT at room temperature. Makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
- Shell and coarsely chop the shrimp.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger and scallions.
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Add all ingredients except the sesame oil, but including the shrimp, in the order recommended in your bread machine manual.
- Process on the bread cycle directed in your manual. (Of course, for a more polished look, you could use the dough cycle, then switch to bake in bread pans in the oven as you normally do.).
- Let cool. If not using immediately, refrigerate or freeze.
- Slice cool bread 1/2-inch thick.
- Brush lightly with sesame oil.
- Toast each side in a toaster oven or under a broiler until golden.
- Cut into triangles and serve hot.