Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The Lee Bros. Charleston Kitchen> Serve over rice.
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 59.16 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml half-and-half
- 78.07 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 907.18 g cooked peeled shrimp, rinsed
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until frothy. Whisk in the flour until it becomes a smooth, paste-like consistency. Turn the heat down, and constantly whisking, add in the half and half and whisk until bubbly.
- Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire, lemon juice, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and bay leaves, whisking until smooth. Remove bay leaves.
- Turn the heat up slightly. Add in the shrimp and 1/4 cup water, making sure to completely coat the shrimp in the sauce. Cook for 5 minutes. If needed, season more with salt and pepper. Feel free to add more red pepper flakes if desired. Serve immediately over rice.