Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup vermicelli rice noodles
- 8 -12 medium shrimp
- 4 rice paper sheets (8-12 inches)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 20 mint leaves (or more)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Soak noodles in hot water for 15 to 20 mins, or until soft.
- Boil the shrimp until just pink. Peel and halve lengthwise.
- Moisten the rice paper by soaking it in hot water for 20 seconds. Let dry slightly before working with it.
- Place 2 or 3 shrimp in middle of rice paper. Form a neat 3 inch row. Add 1/4 of the noodles, lettuce, mint, and cilantro. Do not overfill. Roll up the paper, keeping the contents tight inside.
missing rice stick noodles snd dipping sauce. Dipping sauce: Hosin with peanut oil garlic and toasted onions with crushed peanuts
I think this recipe works better with prawn, prawn and pork, or just pork. Dipping sauce is definitely necessary, a vietnamese style peanut dipping sauce is best.
This really works great. You have to get some practice with the rice paper sheets after that it is clear sailing after that.