Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is a light summertime meal that we enjoy. Serve with a rice pilaf and a tossed salad and, of course, some chilled white wine!I've also grilled the shrimp outside, basting with the 4 tablespoons of melted butter mixture. Originally from the food section of our paper.
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Pick three cups of cilantro, reserve the rest for garnish.
- Combine butter, the 3 cups cilantro, ginger,lime zest and juice, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor; process until well blended.
- Melt 4 T. of the butter mixture in a large saute pan. over medium heat until bubbling.
- Add shrimp and cook until no longer opaque, 3 to 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove shrimp from pan to a plate.
- Leave butter and juices in the pan with no heat.
- When shrimp are cool enough to handle, put 3 or 4 on each skewer.
- Place some cilantro and a few skewers on each serving plate.
- Carefully reheat the butter and juices in the pan and pour over the shrimp.