Recipe by Hopkins82
Classic Scampi with the flare of shallots. If you don't prefer or favor lemon, you can reduce the lemon amount or omit it all together. Tried it either way, and they are both great!
Top Review by BEFLYLIKEME
Good taste! Too much lemon tho'. Next time I would try only 2 tbs. I didnt use shallots (didnt have any), and I didnt use that much wine. I just poured some in, probably about 1/4 - 1/2 cup. Good flavor and hit the spot! Thanks :)
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups white wine
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots (optional but adds great flavor)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice (depends on your lemon preferences)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp leaving tail portion on.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add garlic and shallots and cook up to 3 minutes until tender. If they start turning brown, reduce to medium heat if needed.
- Add shrimp, lemon, salt, wine.
- Wait till it bubbles and simmer for 2-3 minute or until shrimp turn opaque. Stir occasionally.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Continue cooking liquid until it is reduced and thickened (takes about 15 minutes).
- Stir in parsley and thyme, cook 1 minute.
- Add shrimp back to mixture, toss to coat, taste and season accordingly with extra salt & pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately.