Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1 lb sea scallops, cut In half
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, if avail
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Drain pineapple chunks.
- (Use imported soy sauce if available for better taste. Use domestic if that is all that is available).
- In medium bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and onion powder; mix well.
- Add shrimp and scallops.
- Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Place shrimp, scallops, pineapple and zucchini on bamboo skewers that have soaked 1 hour in water or on metal skewers.
- Grill or broil 3 to 6 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink, basting frequently with marinade.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
My friend asked me for seafood . Awesome. My first time cooking scallops which can be tempermental . Loved it so much asked for some to go . Lite for the summer Modifed by putting pineapple in the rice. Lara
This was great. As we all know, recipes are spring boards so... I added red pepper pieces, red onion pieces (cut about the size of loonies (dollar coins), fresh ginger (used the garlic press) and fresh pineapple and no zucchini. Everyone enjoyed this and will make it again. What leftovers???
This is a fabulous meal, that keeps you coming back for more. My 8yr.old couldn't stop himself from eating the scallops, shrimp and pineapple. I had to tell him more than once to save some for dad. The flavor was so good and tasty, we all needed a wheel barrel after dinner to get us to the sofa. SOOOOO GOOOOOD!To make the meal simple Lawreys or Lipton makes a asian noodle that takes 6 mins to prepare, a nice compliment to the kabobs. WOW !!!!!