Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A nice salad to serve during the summer months.
Make and share this Shrimp Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 large green pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- shredded lettuce
- 4 canned artichoke bottoms in water
- In a glass bowl, combine shrimp and lime juice, cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Remove from refridgerator and drain off most of the lime juice.
- Add green pepper, onions, parsley, oil and pepper sauce.
- Arrange shredded lettuce on a large platter.
- Fill arichoke bottoms with the shrimp mixture.
- Place shrimp filled artichoke bottoms on the bed of lettuce, and serve chilled. Cooking time is chilling time.
Yum! I made a big bowl of this while DH was away for the weekend (he doesnt like shrimp) and put it on some buttery croissants. Fancy Po Boy! Absolutely delicious! I normally don't like green pepper but it works well in this and gives it crunch. I also added a bit of finely diced celery. A keeper!