This dish is delightful! We enjoyed it immensely! Found in Bon Appetit, April 2007. I don't personally like basil so I subbed parsley intead. We enjoyed the dish in spite of that!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 88.74 ml butter, room temperature, divided
- 453.59 g uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 236.59 ml arborio rice or 236.59 ml medium-grain white rice
- 177.44 ml riesling wine or 177.44 ml other white wine
- 591.47 ml clam juice
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil, divided
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh tarragon
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add shrimp; sprinkle with salt, crushed red pepper flakes, & pepper.
- 3Sauté until almost opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- 4Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to bowl.
- 5Add 1 tablespoon butter and shallots to same pan.
- 6Sauté 3 minutes.
- 7Add rice; stir 1 minute.
- 8Add wine.
- 9Stir until wine is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- 10Add clam juice and bring to boil.
- 11Reduce heat.
- 12Simmer until rice is tender and risotto is creamy, stirring often, about 18 minutes.
- 13Meanwhile, blend remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon basil , and tarragon in small bowl.
- 14Season herb butter to taste with salt and pepper.
- 15Mix shrimp, any accumulated juices, and 1 tablespoon basil into risotto.
- 16Simmer 2 minutes.
- 17Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 18Spoon risotto into shallow bowls.
- 19Swirl some herb butter into top of each.
- 20Serve, passing cheese separately.
Browse Our Top Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Risotto With Fresh Herb Butter
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.6
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 218.6 mg
- Sodium 842.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 28.2 g