Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have followed many different Pad Thai recipes and this became my own favorite after many trials, taking a bit from each recipe.
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium purple onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp or 1⁄4 lb chicken
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste, mixed with
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Deep rice noodles in warm water until soft but firm, drain a set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add garlic and purple onion, stir fry 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp or chicken, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add noodles.
- Pre-mix fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and tamarind concentrate with water, then pour it onto the noodles. Cook until almost dry.
- Slowly add the beaten egg.
- Remove from the heat.
- Top with cilantro, bean sprouts and peanuts.
- Serve and enjoy.
This was very delicious and easy to make. I didnt add tamarind paste because I couldnt locate it anywhere, but we didnt miss it. The flavor of this dish was wonderful! Thank you!