Prep 2 hrs
Cook 8 mins
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 thin slices ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 6 scallions
- 2 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp, leaving the tails intact.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in large bowl and marinate the shrimp for two hours.
- Put the shrimp on oiled skewers and grill them three inches above hot coals for about 4- 5 minutes on each side.
- Brush several times with marinade and serve hot.