1/1 Photo of Shrimp-Mushroom Mornay
This can also be made used using cubed chicken breast or lobster. Serve this creamy sauce over cooked pasta, this complete recipe may be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or to taste, rubbed between fingers to release flavors)
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb uncooked fresh medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- black pepper
- hot sauce (optional, or use cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Melt butter in a medium saucepan; add in onions, garlic and dried thyme and saute for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- 2Add in sliced mushrooms and cook until until they release their moisture.
- 3Add in shrimp and cook until the shrimp is no longer pink; remove only the shrimp to a bowl (leave the onion/mushroom mixture in the saucepan).
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low and add in flour; whisk for 1 minute (you might need to add in a couple tablespoons more butter).
- 5Slowly add in broth, wine (if using) and whipping cream; cook over medium-low heat stirring or whisking constantly until bubbly and thickened (about 5 minutes).
- 6Season with seasoned salt or white salt, black pepper and hot sauce or cayenne (if using) to taste.
- 7Add the shrimp back into the sauce and then mix in the Parmesan cheese; simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- 8Serve over cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp-Mushroom Mornay
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.0
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 266.2 mg
- Sodium 1148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: