Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe is from Parragon's Thai cooking book. The recipes are delicious and very easy to prepare. This is so good. I have changed it slightly to accomodate my familys taste buds.
Top Review by rebeccavader
Is very tasty, however it is incredibly rich. I love coconut and I love rich, creamy sauces, but this was just a tad too much for me! My DS and DH loved it though. I think when I make again I'll use a pinch of salt, and maybe increase the stock a bit or omit the creamed coconut. Over all yummy!
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk, coconut, canned
- 1⁄4 cup cream, coconut, canned
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 pepper, sweet red, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, sliced, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄16 cup ginger (2 inches)
- 4 scallions, coarsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry paste, red
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon golden brown sugar
- 6 sprigs basil, use thai if you can find it...much stronger flavor
- 16 shrimp, jumbo, unshelled, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the milk, cream and stock together in a pot and bring slowly to a rapid boil.
- Lower heat and add the remaining ingredients, except for the shrimp and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Next add the shrimp and simmer until heated through about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Serve in warmed bowls and enjoy.