Recipe by Red Apple Guy
Low in fat, this sauce is very good over rice, pasta, or even a baked potato.
Top Review by Happy Baker 67
This is Amazing! I added 1/2 of a 1/4 cup of parmesean to the sauce while it was thickening. I also used 1 tbs of dehydrated unions in the oil and 1 tbs of minced garlic instead of a whole onion. I am making this a favorite! ? Thank you Red Apple Guy :)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk (see note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour and milk in a blender and blend until well mixed and smooth.
- Saute onion in oil on medium heat until tender.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring until translucent, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Pour liquid in and cook over medium heat stirring until thickened, making sure the shrimp is done, but not overcooked (a total cooking time of 3 to 5 minutes is usually enough for shrimp depending on the size.
- Add , salt and pepper to taste.
- Use over pasta or rice and add Parmesan cheese or flakes of red pepper if desired.
- Note: cream sauces break or coagulate due to high heat, acids or salt. Fat in a sauce helps prevent this, but if you use skim milk as I do, keep the sauce from boiling if possible and add the salt at the end.