Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a Brazilian pot pie that I have put my twist on it that is the shrimp filling that is very mouth watering. This is my Dad's crust recipe. It's very flaky and melts in your mouth. It looks like is very complicated but is not. Please try! You won't regret it!!! BTW the crust is the best part so whatever you want to fill your pie with is cool!
For the crust
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
For the Filling
- 1 lb shrimp (30-50 count)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 6 ounces lobster bisque
- 2 tablespoons corn starch dissolved in 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- garlic powder
For Over the filling
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- How to prepare the crust:.
- In a large bowl add the flour, margarine, egg and baking soda. Mix with your hands until you get an even dough.
- Put the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes (the secret for a flaky crust). After 30 minutes remove the dough from the fridge and place half of the dough over a wax sheet to flat the dough with a roller ( the crust should be very thin) after flattening the crust place on a baking pan 13x9 inches Without the baking sheet ( no need to grease the pan) Now do the same with the rest of the dough that you're going to use to cover the pie with.
- How to prepare the filling:.
- In a large sauce pan cook the shrimp with garlic, salt and pepper let it cook for about 3 minutes then add the fish sauce and soy sauce then add the lobster bisque and cream cheese.
- Cook until you get a creamy sauce that will be about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down and then put the filling over the crust already on the baking pan.
- Cover the pie with the rest of the dough and brush with an egg yolk mixed with olive oil.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the crust turn golden brown.