Recipe by GrammaMikki
My husband loves anything shrimp...well the whole family does really. This one is great for just the two of us. Originally found it on Epicurious.com
- 1 1⁄2 cups clam juice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mexican oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil first 4 ingredients until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup, approximately 25 minutes. Strain. Set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and half the garlic; saute until shrimp are almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet.
- add remaining garlic and the wine to the skillet and boil until reduced to glaze. Add clam juice mixture and boil about 4 minutes until reduced to thin sauce consistency.
- Return shrimp to skillet and return to boil, sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.