Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband loves anything shrimp...well the whole family does really. This one is great for just the two of us. Originally found it on Epicurious.com
- 1 1⁄2 cups clam juice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mexican oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- pepper, to taste
- Boil first 4 ingredients until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup, approximately 25 minutes. Strain. Set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and half the garlic; saute until shrimp are almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet.
- add remaining garlic and the wine to the skillet and boil until reduced to glaze. Add clam juice mixture and boil about 4 minutes until reduced to thin sauce consistency.
- Return shrimp to skillet and return to boil, sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.