Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not made this dish, but it sounds delicious! This is an adopted recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Shell and de-vein the shrimp; rinse well, pat dry, and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter; saute the onion for about 7 minutes.
- Add the red chile pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, then season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, about three minutes.
- Add the cardamom (1/2 tsp ground) and cumin and stir, then add the lime juice, sour cream, and yoghurt.
- Bring to a gentle boil, stirring, then remove from heat (you don't want to overcook the shrimp).
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with chopped coriander, with saffron rice.
Excellent flavor and consistancy! I had some leftover shrimp from a cookout we had, and so I gave this a try. I modified the recipe a little according to what I had on hand, so your milage with this recipe may vary.
Nice recipe! I used light yogurt & light sour cream, cut the oil down to 1T. & added 2 tsp. yellow curry powder. Will definately make again -- but with less lime juice. Would probably benefit from a thickening agent (cornstartch or flour) but overall a solid recipe I will add to the "keeeper" pile.