Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Description:A delicious hot dip. My Aunt brings this every Christmas. I like it on Wheat Thins or Triscuits, but it is good on potato & corn type chips as well. I have searched the internet & have not come across this recipe anywhere else. So enjoy this unusual and delicious dip.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can baby shrimp
- 1 (11 1/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup (Cream of Chicken or Mushroom can substitute)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow hominy with peppers (DRAINED)
- 4 ounces picante sauce (MILD, PACE)
- MELT CREAM CHEESE ON LOW HEAT, MASH HOMINY SLIGHTLY, AND ADD WITH THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS.
- SIMMER A FEW MINUTES TO BLEND.
This recipe was delicious and easy to make, even for a non-cook such as myself. I couldn't find the yellow hominy w/peppers, so used regular white. I also used a chipotle salsa instead of the picante, which worked well.