Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very easy shrimp etouffee recipe that utilizes your microwave! I usually add four dashes of hot pepper sauce to the dish, but bring the hot stuff to the table in case someone wants a zestier dinner!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb cleaned shrimp
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a 2 quart microwave safe dish, combine margarine, onion, green onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery. Heat on HIGH setting for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, tomato paste, soup, shrimp, salt, hot pepper sauce and cayenne. Heat on HIGH setting for 5 minutes. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes, until mixture thickens. Serve over white rice.