Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple to make, yet good enough to serve when company is coming. Serve over hot fluffy rice with french bread. I always asked for this dish when Maw Maw asked me what I wanted her to cook for me.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled deveined
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup, I prefer Campbells
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, petite are best
- 3 bay leaves
- cajun seasoning
- Tabasco sauce
- Saute Onion, Peppers, celery and garlic in butter until they are softened up some.
- Do not cook until they are completely done.
- Add Tomato Soups, diced tomatoes (do not drain) and seasonings.
- Simmer until it thickens up some and all flavors have married & veggies are soft.
- Add shrimp at the end and cook until they turn pink. Stir to incorporate shrimp into the dish. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Remove bay leaves, and serve over hot fluffy rice with french bread.
- It is better if you don't chop the vegetables too fine.
- You can make as spicy as you like with the seasonings.
- If it is too thick, thin down with a little water, sometimes you need it and sometimes the veggies and shrimp thin it down enough.