Recipe by Marlene80
I found this recipe in one of my Mother's old cookbooks. The 7-up soda gives it a more sweet flavor than the traditional recipe.
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups 7-Up soda (to taste)
- 2 packages baby shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12-inch skillet, brown garlic and green onion in oil, until light brown.
- Add flour, tomato sauce and 7-up until mixture is bubbly.
- Mix well.
- Add shrimp, celery and green pepper and remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low fire about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.