Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my husband's favorite dishes that his mom makes for him. The preparation time does not include cleaning the shrimp.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 lbs raw shrimp (cleaned, peeled, and deveined)
- In a large pot, saute' onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic in butter until tender.
- In a small cup, combine flour and water; mix well.
- Stir into the pot the flour mixture, tomato sauce, bay leaf, salt, oregano, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes with pot covered.
- Add shrimp and cook mixture until shrimp is pink.
- Serve over white rice.
This is great easey to make and tast great
This was very easy and tasty! Thanks:)
This was a good, quick recipe. (Except for cleaning the shrimp. That takes FOREVER!) I added some habanero hot sauce for a little zip. Thanks for sharing!