Milder Shrimp Creole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I love this recipe! This is easy and always a big hit. It is not spicy but very tasty indeed!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 12 ounces frozen shelled shrimp, thawed or 12 ounces fresh shrimp
- prepared white minute rice, to serve over
- In a large skillet, Saute onion, celery and garlic in the shortening until tender.
- Add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, sugar, worcestshire sauce and chili powder.
- Simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water and add to skillet mixture to thicken.
- After it has thickened, add shrimp and bell pepper.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over White Minute Rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION