Recipe by Darlene28
I think this came from recipe goldmine but I can't remember as I've had it for quite a while now. please note that the yield is just a guesstimate.
Top Review by katia
Excellent! I made it last night for dinner. I follow the recipe without any changes and it was a great seafood. What make the difference are probably the bay leaves. Serve over basmatti rice and it was super!!! Thanks Darlene!
- 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced shallot
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 lbs peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 2 ounces cornstarch
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pint cold water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine. Sauté green peppers, onion, shallots and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and bay leaves. Simmer 15 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer 15 minutes longer. Add tomatoes and stir.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water then add to shrimp and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Add lemon juice and spices and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or creamed potatoes.