Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
If you are having a fancy to-do and want to impress .. try this. Some nice salad greens on the side is all you need to top this meal off.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Ritz crackers, in fine crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh shrimp (More whole shrimp for a garnish if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup minced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (I use bottled)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese or 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Combine cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Press crumb/butter mixture onto bottom of a 9-in springform pan.
- Set aside.
- Filling: Saute shrimp, peppers, onion and garlic in butter until cooked thru.
- Remove shrimp and vegetables and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese& mayo until well incorporated.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Slowly add milk, until blended.
- Stir in shrimp and veggies.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle w/ cheeses and S& P.
- Bake at 300 F for 80 minutes.
- Turn oven off and let set in the oven for 1 hour.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 4 to 8 hours in fridge.
- Remove springform pan sides.
- Serve garnished with more whole shrimp if you like.
I usually use my favorite blue baking dish instead of the springform pan for this recipe.