Recipe by breezermom
I just love cooking my fresh shrimp in the hint left from the bacon in this recipe. Makes for a lovely lunch or light dinner! From Cooking Light with one minor change....my non-stick skillet states not to use cooking spray, so I've eliminated that and left a bit of oil to cook with. If you have another type of skillet, feel free to wipe the skillet and spray with oil before cooking the shrimp.....personally I prefer to leave a bit of that bacon flavor!
Top Review by rickoholic83
I adore salads and this one is excellent! I added some sliced black olives and hard-boiled egg. A little dollop of ranch dressing on each serving and it was perfect! Thanks for sharing, breezer. Definitely a keeper! ***Made for Spring PAC 2013***
- 4 slices bacon, center cut
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (can buy from fish market already peeled and deveined to reduce prep time!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) package romaine lettuce, salad
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup carrot, shredded (about 2 carrots)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed (may use fresh when in season)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, cut into 8 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan; cut in half crosswise. Remove all put a thin coating of the bacon grease. Increase the heat to medium-high. Sprinkle the shrimp with paprika and pepper. Add the shrimp to the pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done (C- shaped, not O shaped -- O shaped is overcooked and tough!) Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt; toss to coat.
- While the shrimp cooks, combine the remaining 1/8 tsp salt, juice, oil, and mustard in a large bowl, stirring with a wisk. Add the lettuce; toss to coat.
- Arrange about 1 1/2 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 6 shrimp, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/4 cup carrot, 1/4 cup corn, 2 avocado wedges, and 2 bacon pieces. Enjoy!