Recipe by Aunt Cookie
I found this one in a "Best American Recipes" cookbook...I don't know if it really was one of the best recipes published in 2001, but it's really good! I had to approximate the prep time (I never really paid attention to how long it took), so let me know if I was way off.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 large garlic cloves, peeled and cut in thin slivers
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oil and garlic in a very large skillet. Turn the heat to medium and cook until the garlic sizzles.
- Add the cumin and paprika. Stir, raise the heat to medium-high, then add the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just pink (no longer!). Do not evaporate their liquid. Add parsley and serve with some good bread.