Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A very tasty way to do shrimp.
- 24 large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 anchovy fillets, mashed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice, made into a rice ring (1 cup per person)
- Shell and devein shrimp.
- In a skillet heat oil and butter.
- Saute shrimp over moderately high heat for about 2-3 minutes, until they turn pink.
- Turn them once during cooking.
- Do not overcook.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and keep warm.
- Add all other ingredients to skillet.
- Blend well and cook over high heat while stirring, for about 2 minutes, until sauce is smooth and reduced by about half.
- Add shrimp and toss quickly to coat.
- Spoon into middle and around side of rice ring, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
I made this for myself tonight, using 12 medium shrimp, and a full recipe of sauce. I'm glad I did that, as I don't think halving it (the sauce) would have given me enough to go over the rice. It tasted fantastic, and I was still left wishing there was more. I will make this again, but if I was making it for 4, I would X4 the sauce recipe, only putting X2 the anchovies. This is quite acidic, but I loved that with the shrimp. Thanks for a great recipe.