Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
So easy and very delicious.
- 1 lb unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 carrots, scraped and sliced diagonally
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- hot cooked vermicelli
- grated parmesan cheese
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Saute onion, green pepper, carrots, and garlic powder in drippings until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and mushrooms; cook 10 minutes.
- Serve over vermicelli; sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
Very good and easy! Skipped the carrots but otherwise made as directed served over whole wheat spaghetti. Thanks for sharing!
Made this for a family dinner and we loved it. It was something unique and quite tasty. I sub'd 3 cloves fresh minced garlic for the garlic powder. Sauteeing the vegetables in the bacon drippings made the flavor incredible. Will definitely make this again and would be good to serve to dinner guests.
Good pasta dish