Recipe by Halcyon Eve
From Simple & Delicious magazine. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like an easy recipe for spicy seafood kabobs.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 large raw shrimp (about 1/2 lb)
- 16 sea scallops (about 2 lbs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl and add all remaining ingredients except seafood. Stir until combined. Set aside 1/2 cup for serving and keep warm.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare coals (for charcoal grill).
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving tails attached.
- Thread shrimp and scallops alternately on four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes each side or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque, basting occasionally with butter mixture.
- Serve with reserved butter mixture.