Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Just yummy.Two hints-barely cook vermicelli so it doesnt get mushy(or you can use other less delicate forms of pasta)And to extend shrimp,cut in half from top to bottom..
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (thin sliced)
- 8 ounces pasta
- 4 cups cooked shelled extra large shrimp
- Saute onion in 1/4 cup butter.
- Mix in flour.
- Add broth,clam juice,wine,cream and oregano.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup parmeasean.
- Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter.Add garlic and mushrooms,cook quickly. Disgard garlic.
- Bring salt water to boil,cook pasta,al dente.
- Combine pasta with sauce,add mushrooms and shrimp.
- Pour into buttered 9x13 casserole.
- Top with remaining parmesean.
- Bake uncovered,375 degrees for 20-25 minutes,or until bubbly.