This is a light salad perfect for a hot summer night. Taste better the next day of course due to the flavors melding.
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked deveined and shelled, tails off
- 1 lb orzo pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
- Mix orzo, shrimp, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a blender or shaker and pour over salad.
- Alow to chill for several hours if have time. Spoon onto plates and sprinkle with feta cheese. and enjoy.
Very good and a perfect light lunch. Made as written except subbed gorgonzola cheese for the feta. Next time I may dice up a little avocado to give it a creamy aspect...and because I LOVE avocado! Made for 1-2-3-Hits.
I made this exactly as written and it was delicious! We really enjoyed it and it made a perfect hot summer's afternoon lunch. It was just bursting with fresh veggie flavors and colors. Thanks MsSally! Made for Holiday tag.
I had to sub cappellini for the orzo and a tomato for part of the grape tomatoes, but otherwise was pleased to be able to use fresh veggies and herbs from the garden. I halved this recipe to make two entree salads for lunch, so that this was served warm. You might find that you need more vinegrette for the salad, fortunately, it's easy to whip up.