Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter flavored crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh shrimp (med. size)
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, minced
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups gruyere cheese (about 5 oz.) or 1 1⁄4 cups swiss cheese, shredded (about 5 oz.)
- cheese (about 5 oz.)
- 1 Tsp.
- pepper --GARNISHES IF DESIRED:-- Red pepper strips Whole cooked shrimp Basil leaves --TOMATO SAUCE:-- 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 Clove crushed garlic 1 Tbsp.
- olive oil 2 (14 Oz.) cans whole tomatoes 1 1/2 Tsp.
- dried Italian seasoning 1 bay leaf Serve with tomato sauce, recipe to follow.
- Combine cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Press into bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Chop cooked and cleaned shrimp.
- Saute peppers, onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons melted butter for 4-5 minutes until tender, add chopped shrimp and saute another minute. Drain well and set aside. Beat cream cheese and mayonnaise at high speed until light and fluffy, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add milk beating on low speed just until blended.
- Stir in shrimp mixture, shredded Gruyere or Swiss and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until set. Turn oven off and open oven door partially leaving cheesecake in oven for 1 more hour.
- Cool on rack.
- Cover and chill or serve at room temperature with hot tomato sauce. Sauce: Saute onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- Add t omatoes (break up with hands or spoon) and rest of ingredients, simmer about 20 minutes, uncovered until of desired consistency.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve hot over slices of chilled or room temperature cheesecake. P.S.
- I have used both shrimp already cooked and shrimp I have had to cook depending on the price at the time.