Recipe by silky
Flavorful, fast and easy. One of our favorite Sunday meals.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Very tasty! We enjoyed this quite a bit with some habanero hot sauce, and I liked how quick it was to make. Next time I make it, I'll probably experiment with adding some other spices, but it was really good as written, too. Thanks for posting!
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked grits
- 2 tablespoons butter, but into bits,softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion, pepper and garlic in oil over moderately-low heat, stirring, until onion is softened.
- Add shrimp and cook mixture over moderately-high heat, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Stir in Worcestershire Sauce and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon hot grits onto platter, top with butter.
- Arrange shrimp mixture around and over grits.