1/3 Photos of Shrimp and Artichoke Casserole
Chef #208121's Note:
This dish was served by Adlai Stevenson at a United Nations function attended by John F. Kennedy and Secretary General U. Thant in 1963!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined
- 4 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 lb mushroom
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/2-1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, see note
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts, drained or 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
- 1NOTE the one cup may be a typo. Start with 1/2 cup to try this and work your way up. The reason I think it is a typo is 1 / was how the ingredient was written.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Melt 4-1/2 tbsp butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and blend well. Gradually whisk in the milk and cream, until the mixture is thickened and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Arrange artichoke hearts in buttered 12"x8"x2" baking dish. Scatter shrimp over the artichoke hearts.
- 5Saute the mushrooms in 2 tbsp butter. for 6 minutes. Spoon the mushrooms over the shrimp in the baking pan.
- 6Add the sherry and Worcestershire Sauce to the cream sauce. Pour the cream sauce over the shrimp. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Artichoke Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.4
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 300.9 mg
- Sodium 930.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 36.0 g