Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My love of seafood and a hearty soup melded into one. This soup is best when eaten warm not piping hot.
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken stock
- 30 raw shrimp, peeled completely
- 1 roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup alfredo sauce
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- black pepper, to taste
- Boil potato and onion in stock for 20 minutes til soft.
- Add shrimp and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
Five stars for the fast and easy way to make chowder. Wonderful flavor from the alfredo sauce. I bought a jar of alfredo sauce and there are variations that I would like to try in the future (alfredo and roasted garlic or alfredo and sundried tomato) I did add a little garlic powder. I used grape tomato as that was all I had on hand. Cant wait to make this again. Thanks Bokenpop for posting this recipe.
Super fast easy chowder that both my boys liked :)
amazing....i was a a little leary trying this recipe but figured i would give it a shot. i followed the directions and it turned out great. however just to be on the safe side make sure that it is not to hot for the milk to curl when you put it in... i made that mistake before... will make this again.