smartblonde #2's Note:
I combined 2 recipes from a Betty Crocker cookbook. This is my stepsons' favorite dish. I usually keep this for a special occasion such as New Year's Eve or a birthday because it's not light in calories. Everyone who has tried it loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked fresh or frozen (thawed) medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 3/4 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1Cook fettuccine as directed.
- 2Peel shrimp. Make a shallow cut lengthwise down back of shrimp; wash out vein.
- 3Heat oil in 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook shrimp, green onions, basil, parsley, lemon juice, salt and garlic in oil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink and firm; remove from heat.
- 4Heat butter and whipping cream in 2 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- 5Mix fettuccine, shrimp mixture and alfredo sauce together in large bowl.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Alfredo by Maggie
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.5
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 340.2 mg
- Sodium 930.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 40.8 g