Recipe by smartblonde #2
I combined 2 recipes from a Betty Crocker cookbook. This is my stepsons' favorite dish. I usually keep this for a special occasion such as New Year's Eve or a birthday because it's not light in calories. Everyone who has tried it loves it.
Top Review by sconehead
Great recipe!! I made it pretty much as listed, only I left out the green onions (didn't have any) and used evaporated skim milk in place of the whipping cream. My kids LOVED it!! Thanks for sharing!! Think I will try it with scallops next time! This is a pretty versatile recipe....good with chicken I'll bet too!! Thanks! Definitely a KEEPER!!
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked fresh or frozen (thawed) medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 3⁄4 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine as directed.
- Peel shrimp. Make a shallow cut lengthwise down back of shrimp; wash out vein.
- Heat oil in 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook shrimp, green onions, basil, parsley, lemon juice, salt and garlic in oil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink and firm; remove from heat.
- Heat butter and whipping cream in 2 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix fettuccine, shrimp mixture and alfredo sauce together in large bowl.