Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A chuck roast slow-simmered in a beefy broth is delicious when shredded and spooned onto rolls. I like to serve the cooking juices in individual cups for dipping.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 8 -10 Italian rolls, split
- Halve roast and place in a 3 quart slow cooker.
- Combine the soup, consomme, broth and bouillon; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and shred with two forks.
- Serve on rolls.
- Skim fat from cooking juices and serve as dipping sauce.