Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a crock pot recipe from a book I have that I just love.
- 4 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 9 ounces diced green chilies
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 large tortillas
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 4 cups enchilada sauce
- Brown roast on all sides in saucepan. Place roast in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except tortillas, cheese and sauce.
- Cover. Cook on High 4-5 hours.
- Shred meat with fork and return to slow cooker.
- warm tortillas in oven, heat enchilada sauce.
- fill each tortilla with 3/4 cup beef mixture and 1/2 cup cheese.
- roll and serve with sauce.