I love cooking with spirits and I love fire shows (under control of course!) in the kitchen! Here are some show stopper Fajitas! Enjoy! From Regis and Kathy Lee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean skirt steaks or 1 1/2 lbs bottom round steaks or 1 1/2 lbs flat iron steaks, cut 1/4-inch thick and trimmed of visible fat
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 -2 teaspoon pequin quebrado chiles or 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 4 -6 flour tortillas (12 inch)
Accompany with a Bowl or Plate of each Topping
- 1Cut steak into 6 equal portions. Pound portions until they are as thin as possible and coat with lime juice.
- 2Sprinkle steaks evenly with garlic and press in pequin or crushed red pepper flakes. (Pequin is intensely hot: 2 teaspoons will be fiery, 1 teaspoon will get your attention, 1/2 a teaspoon will still have a kick).
- 3Stack steaks and let stand for about 30 minutes at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- 4Place a large cast iron skillet over high heat until it begins to smoke.
- 5While skillet is heating, stack the tortillas and wrap in foil, and place in the oven along with 4 to 6 dinner plates.
- 6Add oil and quickly sear the meat on both sides. Add brandy to the hot skillet. Flame the meat by touching the brandy with a lighted match and let the flames burn down. (If the flames get too high you can cover the pan with the lid.)You can do this table-side if you are careful!
- 7Place all the items on the table along with the steak. Guests can pick which items to add to their tortillas. Simply fill, roll and eat.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Show Stopping Flaming Steak Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.4
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 112.9 mg
- Sodium 536.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 50.4 g