Top Review by Babyoil
This was very tasty and rich. I couldn't keep my husband away from it! The only thing I did different was not coat the pan with breadcrumbs. Can you tell me what this does to the recipe? We ate this cake with strawberries on top, and then had it another time with scoops of boysenberry ice cream on top. Yummy! Will make again for sure. Thank you!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄8-3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄8-3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of or 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk or 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a cake pan, cover sides with breadcrumbs.
- Turn on oven 350 F (175 C).
- Whip sugar and eggs until almost white.
- Mix flour, baking powder and flavoring (vanilla not incl.).
- Melt the margarine.
- Add all ingredients to batter.
- Stir quickly until smooth (the shorter the time, the fluffier the cake).
- Pour into cake pan, bake for about 30-40 min, until golden brown.