Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are Delicious buttery cookies that taste just like Panera's shortbread cookies!
Make and share this Shortbread Cookies Just Like Panera's! Delicious! recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients; use hands to knead until ingredients are blended. Press into ungreased pans (or chill and roll out to about 1/2-inch on a floured board and cut into shapes).
- Before cooking, mark rectangle cookie lines with knife.(I even made diamonds by cutting them on a diagonal to make them look like Panera's!) Bake at 325° for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
I made these a year ago and LOVED them, but couldn't remember how I made them. This is the exact recipe, and indeed they look / taste just like Panera's shortbread cookies. Make sure you DO NOT substitute margarine for butter, otherwise they will taste flour-y and bland. Also don't roll the dough too thin!
I gave this 3 stars because it didn't have the same texture as the Panera Shortbread cookies. I bought a Panera Shortbread and made this recipe side by side...no comparison.
Panera's were light fluffy and sweeter....these were more like biscuits so something is to be desired here either in the recipe itself or the cooktime.
These are not as sweet as Panera cookies. It's also missing that lemon taste their cookies have. I would double that powdered sugar amount and add 1t lemon juice.