1/1 Photo of Short Ribs Jambalaya
2 hrs 30 mins
A new twist on a classic. The meat is very tender and full of flavor. This jambalya has a rich flavor and color. The original recipe is printed in the February/March 2006 edition of Cooking Pleasures. I made a few changes for personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g boneless beef short ribs
- 19.71 ml Emeril's Original Essence (I used Emeril Lagasse's Essence Emeril Lagasse's Essence)
- 2.46 ml black pepper, fresh ground
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes
- 709.77 ml beef stock, divided
- 2 bay leaves
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 354.88 ml long grain brown rice
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut ribs into 2-inch pieces. In a small bowl mix together the Creole seasoning and black pepper. Sprinkle over the meat and gently rub inches.
- 3Over medium-high heat, heat oil in heavy Dutch oven and add ribs in small batches; cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, turning once. Remove and place on plate.
- 4Reduce heat to medium, add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- 5Return ribs and any accumulated juices to pot; add tomatoes, 2 cups of the broth, bay leaves and thyme. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil.
- 6Cover pot; place in oven and bake 1 hour or until meat is tender, stirring halfway through.
- 7Remove from oven; return pot to stovetop. Uncover and stir in remaining stock; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice, green onions and parsley; cover and return to oven.
- 8Bake for 60 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Allow to stand covered for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Short Ribs Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.3
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.1 mg
- Sodium 579.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence