Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just saw this recipe in my Sunset magazine and wanted to post it for safe keeping. I make a lot of soup in the winter time and I'm always looking for new recipes. This soup looks really good. I can't wait to try it. The recipe calls for chicken broth but if you want to make it a vegetarian soup you could easily use Vegetable broth instead.
- 4 ounces rice vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 18 ounces firm silken tofu (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 1 quart chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 2 cups napa cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1. Cook the vermicelli according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the tofu and.
- cook until browned, 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.Add the mushrooms, broth and cabbage and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in reserved noodles.
- 3. Ladle into soup bowls and add in cilantro, green onions and soy sauce.